feedback from meg-mo products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atproperty, Jan 24, 2005.

1. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

I am sure everyone clicks on the advertisement links at the top of lawnsites pages. For the first time today I recognized one by meg-mo. When I clicked on www.meg-mo.com I went to 1.other sites, 2.striping kits,3.entered,4.then hit striping attachments down near contact us.

Anyhow I have 2 scag zeros with roller type striping kits. Love the outcome, cannot stand where they attach to the axle rod. I will not go into it but it causes problems. Let me know what you all think about the kit through meg-mo or if anyone has one.

I also read about meg-mo's unique blades. I clicked on the tab "they are talking about us". Seems that people like them. Any input?

One more thing was the grinding jig. anyone use one?

This is a thread with questions on three products. I apologize in advance for being long winded. How else to educate yourself, right?

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I was very skeptical of the system and read the accounts from others for two years. I finally tried them last year and love them! I have them on my Z-Trak with a Masterchute and a mudflap type striper and couldn't be happier. The Meg-Mo's cut a very precise level and shred the remains to very minute particles. They also add a much more defined stripe to my mowing. Others say that they only have to sharpen them about every 30 hours also. The cut fall leaves into chunks that you can't even see, let alone meed to pick up.

3. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I never did get mine on, they would not fit in the hole they drilled. Some day I will find someone to re-drill them

4. boatdude

boatdude LawnSite Member

GL1200a,
    Do you have a mulch kit or does it grind them up even when you side discharge?
    bd

5. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

I was wondering when someone was going to reply. Thanks for the info.. I think I will be purchasing the blades.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like them. They do a great job of chopping up leaves and virtually eliminate clippings when side discharging.

7. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Boatdude;

I have an electric OCDC on mine and when I do leaves in the fall I put it down and just turn them to powder basically. Other than that the Meg-mo's cut the blades of grass to about 1/4" - 1/2" pieces at the biggest.