1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 4, 2005.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

A friend of mine thought my wording was too strong on this website.

It seems to be working. People are calling and signing up after reviewing the site.

Any feedback from other LCO's?

DFW Area Landscaper
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the English statement is a little strong
  3. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

++++the English statement is a little strong++++

I understand. My wife felt the same way about that statement. However, that's literally what I am competing with. 100% of the door hangers I've seen so far this spring are from hispanic owned LCO's.

I may remove that statement later. Will think about it. I agree, it is kind of harsh. But I have had customers hire us who complained about that sort of thing with the last LCO.

DFW Area Landscaper
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to say the English remake may not go over very well,especially if your doing service for a Mexican client...
  5. dhadaway

dhadaway LawnSite Member

Sometimes doing things a little edgy like the "english" thing makes your site stick out in the viewers mind and will draw them back to you. It's not racist, it's just the way it is.
  6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would lose the english comment. You could word it a little differently and still get your point across.

"We understand that sometimes complaints may arise, we will do our best to understand and address your complaint, as soon as possible, in a manner that is satisfactory to both parties."

I would also take a second look at your part about coming back on the first mow with a more powerful mower for $36 per hour. If it takes 20 min are you willing to do it for $12, and most people don't understand the whole man/hour thing. ie 2 men working 1 hour = 2hours, most customers just won't get it. I would state that the overgrown yard will be priced on a case by case basis.
  7. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

is what I'd have to be to find fault with it. Maybe substitue "less expensive" for "cheaper". Just continue to fine tune it over time. Looks great in general.

Oh yeah, by the way, I would find it comforting to know you spoke english.

I just can't stop. Regarding the overgrown lawns, no way I would leave it the way it is. If my yard were a little overgrown (which is probably why my wife was making me call a lawn service) I might be a little intimidated by your pricing structure. Perhaps something like "there may be an additional one time charge of $10.00 to get severely overgrown lawns back into managable condition".
  8. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

I agree also the English thing is a little hard, you may want to reword it in some other way. Maybe We are a 100% American company or something to that effect. (just throwing Ideas )
  9. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Is complaining about the English statement. A little on edge...perhaps. But, it drives the point home.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought the "Skipping" section was a little harsh. Besides that, site looks great.