1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hamons, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Any feedback ona n ad I am going to be placing in a local monthly gardening magazine would be appreciated.

The magazine ahs a distribution of around 30,000. I also write a monthly column for this magazine and have an ad in it every month. The ad is menat mainlty for branding -- not to advertise specails or anything like that.

The ad was professionally designed by the same guy who does all my design work.

I will also be passing out the attached postcards door to door once spring comes. I had a great return on these last year!

2. Hamons

Postcard front

3. Hamons

Postcard back

CARD BACK2.jpg
  4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

I like them all...just one thing i'd change. instead of "many ref available", i'd put something else in there like top dressing, or mowing. if you have such great cards, noone will need a reference. and if they do, they will ask you for some.

good job.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Hamons,

I REALLY like the first one. Especially if it were in color. I think it is great because it shows you. It shows you take pride in your company. It shows that you are offering your personal service. It makes you stand out. I think you are going to do great things this year. Keep up the great work.
  6. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

I think your post cards are great - you had others posted before (I think) that i liked even better. I am not big on display ads for lead generation, but in a brand building situation it could be helpful. My thoughts are: I think your vehile (personal with magnetic sign?) is far to pronounced in the ad. My eyes go to you and the vehile - that is not brand building. Consistency in all your maketing efforts is paramount in branding. Slogan,logo,compoany name, images should all be the same. You (personally) are prominent and consitent in all your pieces, which is good. I just think the vehicle distrscts too much from the ad - doesn't add anything to the overall piece.
  7. Hamons

That was my one thought about the advertisement too. Too much focus on the vehicle. but... it will stand out and it in a magazine full of stock plant, grass and tree images.

I was afraid a pic of me working - like in the postcards -- would not convey what I wanted to in the ad. Professioanl, highy quality and friendly service.

It is not in color. The price of color is a little too much. I apy $150/month for this ad -- color would be $250.
  8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I like them all. Would have been nice to get the first one in color. I think you did the right thing including yourself the way you did.
  9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

As usual your add looks good. but I would change the vehicle. Why didn't you use your work vehicle? The one in the picture makes me think of how you can service my lawn with such a vehicle. I know it might be used as a sales vehicle. But a work vehicle would be better.

I also think that it would be worth $100 bucks a month to go color.
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Maybe that is his work vehicle?