1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hamons, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Tyhanks for all the comments on my ad. It is always nice e to get everyone elses feedback. I have foud that with advice from you guys and by using the designer I use, I have double the response rate to my advertisements. Hiring a professional designer has been the best money I have found I could spend. This ad will ost me peanuts to have designed and will look great. I could have wasted ALOT of my time trying to get it lookign this good and it wouldn't have looked nice at all. I never even meet my designer. We do all our transactions online or over the phone.

The Blazer was my primary work vehicle until this summer. That Blazer did alot of good work for me. Now I have a Chevy 3/4HD. I puilled a 16' landscaping trailer, I had a skidsprayer on a trialer I pulled with it, a spreader caddy -- all worked very well.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Hey Jeff, you still using Shawn for your designer?

3. Hamons

Yep -- he's the best :)

4. walker-talker

from Midwest

Yes...he is very good. I never did get ahold of him, so I went with designoutpost.com for my flyers. They are looking pretty good, but still working with the designer. Goinf with a professional designer had been one of the best decisions I have made......good advice.

Matt

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, I shouldn't just assume something. The Rims and the fact that it just doesn't look like he would perform all the services he offers with such a vehicle made me think it was the vehicle he used for sales.

6. Hamons

I have lots of similar stories about design outpost Once you get the design chosen -- poor unprofessioanl service form most of the artisits.

Thats why i think you are better off choosing an artist and staying with him!

7. Soupy

DesignOutpost is a good place to find the talent and then stick with the designer. That is what I did. The two different times I did use Designeoutpost the service was top notch. the first time was for logo and the second time was for a doorhanger. The second artist has done everything else for me since then. Which has been quit a few things.

8. walker-talker

from Midwest

I would of stuck with Shawn, but he never returned my emails. The artist that I have choosen does good work, but like you said,service is a little poor. By that I mean slow. Next time I will try and get ahold of Shawn again. Soupy, who did you decide to stay with?

9. Soupy

He goes by Elkootho (sp) on designOutpost. His real name is Mike Kukucka. He is a moderator on the board. He is very fast to respond to emails and gets right on any work I need done.

I also found my Web designer on there and I keep in touch with him all the time. He will IM me just to shoot the crap and anytime I need something he gets right on it too. I didn't run a contest when I found him. I posted a question in the help section about what to do after I get a template design and he responded that he also does site building. I contacted the owner of DesignOutpost and he gave us permission to design and build the site outside of DesignOutpost.

With both of these guys, they have yet to charge me for any little alterations or anything. I couldn't ask for better service.

Example of service : not to long ago I emailed Mike and told him that I needed him to adjust my letterhead so I could get it to print (he needed to change file because I no longer had the trial of Adobe). He adjusted it and emailed me back the same night. I asked him to bill me (paypal invoice) and he told me not to worry about it.

10. Hamons

Here is another option for the ad. This one just shows a propert I maintain without the truck.

I don't know if I think it is striking enough.

proof1 lawnsite.jpg