Feedback on ad

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hamons, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

soupy, i am sorry...did you give me his email? i need a website (very contemprorary) build. if you dont want to give it out on here, please PM me. thanks a lot!!!

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

somehow i missed this the first go 'round, so i'm glad you've revived it, jeff. i'm a huge fan/student of brand building and it looks like you are doing a great job in that dept.

i have a pro and con on the 2 versions. on one hand i love the focus on the property, and agree with others that the truck detracted from it. the first thing my eye was drawn to was the Xtreme and second, to the magnetic door sign. my opinion might be slanted due to my highschool-aged nephew driving an Xtreme, so i think of it more of a kids' car and view the classical architecture of the background as a bit of a clash to this. somehow the juxtaposition of the custom-wheeled Xtreme in front of a stately house seems not quite right, especially give the scale of the truck. as for the truck signage, it looks added on after the fact (as in a computer edit), or something seems a bit out of skew with it. sorry, a bit wordy, but when offering a critique i like to give a bit of reasoning. in summary, i like the revision.

now for the "what i don't like w/ the revision": it's missing you. attaching yourself put a clean, professional face on the company. i'd still run with the revision, but in the future, maybe work yourself back in, and add your other work truck.

p.s. - my nephew absolutely loves his Xtreme (bright blue w/ custom rims).

tony

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I will PM you now.

4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Tony,

As for the Xtreme -- It s an awesome truck to work from. I also have a 25000HD for the hard work -- but I often run applications from this truck. You'd be surprised at how much this truck can do. It looks nice --- but I do not see that as a detriment. I agree -- it may be geared younger than me (29) but I sure wish I could have afforded one when I was younger.

I think you're right -- without the personal touch of me in the ad it suddenly just becomes another ad to skim over.

Thanks!

PS: Tony -- I have appreciated yor thoughtful posts on my threads as wellas others!

5. Hamons

Another option:

Ad2 2nd idea proof1.jpg

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i think it's still fighting the mini-mansion and i'd say you look a bit on the pensive side. how about a pic with a slight smile at least :) and a shirt that doesn't say: "this lawn just kicked my butt.".

try printing it to the spec of your final ad and see if it's less noticeable. i do think it's on the right track though.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think it would look 100% better with color, but I can understand if you don't want to spend the money. I agree with Tony, shirt is all wrinkled and not tucked in neatly.

8. Hamons

Here is another option ---

I like htis one -- it highlights the yard -- yet shows me workins so you know its not a stock photo.

Ideas -- opinions.

Ad2 3rd idea proof[1].jpg

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

how can you whip them so fast????????? are you your own designer?

10. Hamons

Nope My graphics guy and I just go back and forth via e-mail.