1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

feedback on backpack leaf blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mickpeg, Apr 20, 2003.

1. mickpeg

mickpeg LawnSite Member

I'm looking into buying a leaf blower and am considering a Husqvarna 145 or 155 because I have a dealer nearby and the prices seem reasonable ($299 or $369) . Does anyone have experience with these models?
  2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

had a 155 and have a 165 now.If you can step up to a RedMax eb unit I would.Lots of power and less weight.I carry the redmax and husky on the trailer.Guys always grab the redmax first.Husky is not bad but there are better options.
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Check out Echo, they make some nice models.
  4. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

red max and stihl are in your price range, i would try them both out.
  5. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

All the power you need for around $400

from AL

The Echo 650/750's have cut our spring clean-up time in half over the 603' & Stihl 400/420's we used last year. They blow some serious air.
  7. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

The Redmax 7001, can't be beat.
  8. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

echo 650--$475, but well worth it. leaf season was much easier with it---MIke
  9. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

I got the echo 650 for 410$ Great blower a lot of power much more then the sthil 400 's ive used.
  10. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I have a Husky 165 and it's a nice blower but after trying my cousins new Redmax 7001 I am a little jealous. If I were buying a blower today it would be a new Redmax.

However, If you insist on a Husky because of dealer location or support then get the bt165. Trust me the extra $$$$ is worth it.