Feedback on estimate format

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CalebK, Sep 4, 2013.

1. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

Greetings All,

I'm looking for some feedback on my estimate form. There's a PDF and a JPEG attached to this post.

What would you do differently?

It was built in excel and I'm able to keep a seperate folder for each of my clients. On my spreadsheet I keep one tab for estimates and one tab for invoices. Once the data is all updated I simply save a PDF version in the customer's folder.

This would probably be replaced with accounting software eventually (such as quickbooks), but until then, it's what I've got to work with.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Estimate 130904 sample pic.jpg

Attached Files:

2. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks good! Two things I might change:
    Right justify numbers in last column
    Subtotal by section and either offset the sums or print those lighter or in a different color

Since you are transferring info from one tab to another for estimates to invoice (great idea), if you have employees or subcontractors a third tab with the scope of work and no prices may be useful to give to them.

just thought of: you can create a little urgency and not leave yourself endlessly vulnerable if you put a statement on the bottom saying something such as "offer good for 30 days from date of estimate."
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. Desperado624

Desperado624 LawnSite Member

Looks good! What software do you use?
  4. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

thanks for the suggestions. I like your ideas and will probably change a couple of things based on them!
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't anybody actually READ the posts?

He said, and I quote "It was built in Excel..."
  6. CalebK

CalebK LawnSite Member
    from Va

I'm just using excel for now