Feedback on my flyer.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikestr, Feb 27, 2005.

1. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I justed drafted up a new flyer, just wanted some imput or suggestions. Thanks guys..

flyer DRAFT.jpg

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like you have alot to offer. But IMO it seems way toooo busy. Simple, simple, simple. The 5% in the "bullseye sun" should be larger so it stands out.Good luck and at least you have a flyer to put out.

3. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Point well taken. I thought it was busy as well, BUT the local competition have the same style flyer in where it is VERY informative. I am afraid of losing out because they have a MENU style flyer. I feel like I have to attempt to match their format, because people like to see prices and details on "what" they get.

Thanks for the input.

4. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Full season fertilizing from $88 is awful low. Even at 4 apps that's only $22 per application, but you're also throwing in an extra service visit. If you are licensed or been doing this awhile, you know that's way too low. If you're not going to correctly price your services, then sub them out to someone who will and maybe give you a little commission.

5. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

turfserfer thanks for the heads up! Now I know why it is a DRAFT! :rolleyes:

6. kriscad

kriscad LawnSite Member

Suggestions:

1. Keep it simple...
    Take off the prices... sell value not price

2. I like how you offer the 4 different services... suggestive selling, thats smart.

3. Your logo branding needs to be better... wasting alot of space at the top

4. Kill the halftones, and make those solid white boxes where the 4 different services are shown, so people can read it.

5. Keep the fonts consistant, you have too many

7. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree about the fonts. Right now you're having to change their color because of the background shading. If you do keep the same background, you need to improve the fonts.

I'm not sure how this would work, but how about finding and keeping the same font type and color per box, or per service listed. Another thing you can do would be to change the background where the lighter band doesn't appear in the middle of the flyer, but rather at the top where it isn't so busy. You could easily change the title font color. Just ideas...

8. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Thanks for the imput guys... I appreciated. Below is an updated version, IT IS looking better and better. :)

Attached Files:

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That second one is much easier to read. I like it.

10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, that one rocks the boat.