1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Jasputan, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

I just created my website http://homegrown-lawn-care.com

This is my first experience in website creation. I do not have the money to spend to have it done professionally. I used Weebly drag and drop builder through iPage.

I know it is not the most flashy page in the world and I am still trying to find ways to make it better. Let me know what you guys think of it. Any suggestions or feedback would be great. Thanks.
  2. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

The logo on the homepage is temporary. Will be making a better one hopefully this week.
  3. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks pretty good! I am surprised how good it turned out for a drag and drop website builder! The only thing I would recommend is to change the button text "About Sawyer" to something else like "About the owner" or "about us"

Just a thought but overall, very nice!
  4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, however in the contact/ form page where customers can right their info in the boxes, their is no restricted characters, so someone can easily spam that. You need to change the code, something similiar to maxlenght=20
  5. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will look into getting the contact box fixed. It is just a part of the drag and drop software though so it may be difficult but I can probably go in an fix it.
  6. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

New logo up and a couple minor changes.
  7. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

1. This is a brand new domain name? I would drop the hyphens.
    Register HomegrownLawnCare.com and if you have printed biz cards, etc
    displaying the site with hyphens just forward it to HomegrownLawnCare.com

2. The big image on the front page, with your company name in the corner..
    Why not add your [city, state] or [phone number] also? or find some other
    place near the top to include your phone or area you service.

Here is the excerpt of the full article on domains with hyphens:

Now here is the bad…
    Less Brandable. Domains with hyphens are not as brandable. If you’re goal is to have a long term successful website or web presence for your business you need a domain without hyphens. Think about big brands like Wal Mart, or Best Buy.
    BestBuy.com vs Best-Buy.com
    Difficult to Say Out Loud. Imaging having to tell someone to go to this web address over the phone: best-buy-electronics.com. “Just visit best hyphen, that’s the key on your keyboard, buy hyphen electronics dot com.” It doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue does it? Unless majority of your traffic is online only stick with domains without hyphens.
    You Miss Out on Type-in Traffic. If someone is trying to get to your website and they only remember your company name, you can bet they’re going to type it in without hyphens and ending with a .com. Will they reach your site, or someone else’s? Honestly, this probably won’t affect you at all. Most traffic today comes from bookmarks, links, and search engines anyway. Quite often it’s actually the return visitors that will type in the exact domain to reach your website – and they obviously already know it – so no worries there.
    Less Value. Domains with hyphens hold lower cash value. This only applies if you’re planing on selling the domain for profit.
    Look Spammy & Less Professional. Let’s face it, most of us would feel more comfortable buying from CheapTextbooks.com rather than buy-cheap-textbooks-online.com. Domains with too many hyphens can appear spammy and less professional.
  8. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

Yeah I read that article unfortunately the domain w/o hyphens isn't available.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Jasputan

Jasputan LawnSite Member

made some changes

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

looks decient, allitle bland but not bad, i think it needs alittle more color to spice it up a bit.

i also did a search and it shows that you can in fact use www.homegrownlawncare.com??? you need to snatch this domain up A.S.A.P.