feedback on pg magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mnturfmaster, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

hello everyone, new member here. i have been enjoyed reading all the posts over the last couple of days and decided i would ask all of you for your opinions on something. I am going to be purchasing a ride on spreader sprayer in the next week or so for some commercial properties i will be treating. right now my two choices or the pg magnum or the lesco z-two spreader sprayer. i kind of like the magnum because of it size and manueverability. here's the problem, i used to have a pg centri years ago, and i have to say that that thing was the biggest piece of crap that i have ever owned. never spread right, everything always rusted up, and the robin engine was a beast. i know that pg has changed everything over since then. i also read a post on here that people were having concearns with the spread and spray patters with the pg ultra. i would really like to hear everyone's comments on the pg magnum and the lesco z-two rider from whoever owns one.

thank you very much

jason:usflag:

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have a Magnum and really like it, I had one of the early models too and wasn't impressed. swore I would never buy another PG, but when I looked at the magnum it really looked like they made all the right changes on it. no electric to get fouled up, Honda engine, larger spray tank. I have 300 hrs on it now and it still works great. being able to carry it on the back of the truck without a trailer is a big plus!

3. mnturfmaster

thanks indy. i'm kind of in the same boat right now, swore that i would never buy another one but from what i hear from people is that pg really did well on the new ones

4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Why don't you look at a Z-Spray? They are really a great machine and built like a tank!!

5. mnturfmaster

do you know if they have dealers in the midwest, especially minnesota, or are they direct from manufacturer? because right now i can drive 6 miles to lesco and get a pg. don't have much time to dink around and look elsewhere.

jason

6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I sure like mine.
    -Jay

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the mag is a great machine they got it right this time

8. mnturfmaster

i hope so because that is what i'm leaning towards right now. probably gonna get it this friday

jason

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I just got mine a few weeks ago. Put 11 hours on it so far and LOVE IT!!! Yeah, there's some things that are a little inconvenient on it, but I can't see any way that they could have changed them. (gear shift is awkward to shift and 3rd hole/deflector levers are tricky to reach on the fly.) Also the brakes are pretty nil, so always watch and anticipate every move at least 10 feet in advance.

Reguardless of the little things I'm impressed overall. It's actually EASIER to operate that I assumed it would be, which suprised me a lot. I have not sprayed anything with it yet, other than some water, so the jury is still out on that. Nice to be able to spread fert for 6 hours while about 1/2 sick and come home and not be dead!