Feedback on Scag zero turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SeacoastDesignsL&L, Mar 10, 2005.

1. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

I have been looking into purchasing a 48 or 52 inch zero turn this year. Looked at bobcat and exmark but from the information I have gathered I am really leaning towards a scag. Anyone :help: encountered any real problems with these machines or anything to look out for. Any feedback would be great.
    Thanks

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Getting ready to buy my 4th. They are built like a tank. Never had any probs with mine.

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Scag Tiger Cubs both are 48/19 Kawasaki, one is a 2003 with 430hrs and other is 2004 with 172hrs. They are great machines and the only thing we have done is routine maintenance and replaced the belts about every 150hrs or so.

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Only problem with my tiger cub in the two years ive had it is a belt.

5. Classic Lawn

Classic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Have 2 getting ready to buy the 3rd best mower i have used and i have use gravly, bob-cat and ex-mark.

6. SeacoastDesignsL&L

thanks for the info

7. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

Seacoast...The Scag is a great machine. Take a look @ the wildcat or the tiger cub. If your going to buy one go to Frenette's Power Equipment in Hamden. Commercial service is the best around :D . Don't use the dealers in Guilford or Killingworth, service is horrible. Got to get ready to go out & sand/calcium. See ya around this season.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I purchased a tiger cub last year with a 48'' deck and kohler 20 hp and I have been well pleased and would buy another if needed

9. SeacoastDesignsL&L

bump bump bump