Feedback on this flyer....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by r_snowrider, Oct 24, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of the flyer I just made? Any suggestions? I am inserting 5000 in the local paper Thursday.

Attached Files:

2. I would like to comment on it but my computer cant read a .doc file. What I would like to know is how much are you spending on the advertising. Its something I might be interested in doing.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Probably one of the better black and white flyers I have seen. Don't get too discouraged if you don't get a high response rate. I had a few thousand full color and gloss flyers inserted into my newspaper and got 0 calls. I had even advertised 3 free mowings.

4. S you wouldn't recomend flyers in a newspaper?

5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i have flyers similar and they worked well for me

6. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What should I use to open it? I tried Word Pad and Works Word Pad and all I got was a couple of pics with a line of text.

7. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

:drinkup: ..........that looks nice and professional.

Dennis

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Personally in my area, I will not again. I will take ads out in the service directory offering only select services, but not mowing. I had around 25,000 flyers inserted into neighborhood newsletters and recieved 2 accounts and a handfull of one-time services. Hand delivering doorhangers or flyers work well, but take the most time. Postcards have done decent for me, but the most expensive.

9. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent flyer. Make me one for my mowing buisness next season. But not with your picture on it.

10. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Thanks fellas for your input. I hope they work well. I use inserts in my junk removal business in the summer. I still get calls on inserts I put in 6 months ago! People read small local papers more closely I believe. Plus your not competing with a bunch of other inserts. I pay 225 for the printing and insertion.