1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Wright Stander..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AndrewBest, May 13, 2008.

1. AndrewBest

AndrewBest LawnSite Member

Hey guys I've been looking at the wright stander and would like some feedback from some guys that run them.. A couple of questions, do they do better on sod or natural grass , do they do good in tall grass , and how fast do they mow.. Any comments would be greatly appreciated
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

they mow well, fast, not really in tall grass, but can do it. they will not perform the same as a small ztr as they have less hp per deck size typically. but they are still great for their niche.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

If you are doing lawns that are small or have lots of landscaping. Nothing will beats a stander. Because there is no velke to get in the way, they can whip right around right against houses and beds. So basically you can mow full speed and whip into a turn and go back the other way at full speed again. No slowing down to make sure you not going to drop a velke into a bed or hit something when you turn around. Standers take up very little space on a trailer, are a whole lot cheaper than a ztr. Plus they can handle acreage too, as they pretty comparable to a ztr on just flat out mowing.
  4. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

No disappointment with the Stander. My 10x6 enclosed trailer easily fits my 36"Sentar and my 52" Stander with room for an edger. I park em side ways in the trailer. As with any Z you have to watch your sharp turns or you will tear the turf. You will need to play with various blades to get the cut you want. Different grass types makes a difference.

They work great for fall clean ups as well.

Go for it you won't be disappointed!