Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawndude8, Oct 27, 2004.

1. lawndude8

lawndude8 LawnSite Member
    from arizona

I need some advice on a couple of things to keep my lawn looking great.
    First my kids keep breaking or taking apart my sprinkler heads with the end result being a water geyser spraying all over the yard and wasting water. My landscaper suggested I install a product called vertical stop I guess it prevents the water geyser. After researching there website located at www.verticalstop.com I have found no other product simular? Has anyone ever used this and what was the cost of it installed as a aftermarket add on? Thanks in advace.

Lawndude..

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

whoop there asses.

3. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

A good switch will do the trick

Spending money on a device will not work if the kids break it you will be back to square 1

4. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

Agreed, you may be even further back than square 1 since this now presents them with a challenge.

To solve this problem you will need the following items:

1) new sprinkler parts

2) kid size shovels

3) a lawn chair and portable TV, a cooler with some beer wouldn't hurt either.

4) a nice afternoon when they would normally be playing/watching a favorite cartoon etc.

The signed contract should read:

All work must be performed in a timely and appropriate manner. Failure to comply will result in your ass being volunteered for " service at the local retirement villa ", preferably weeding the dog poop patch.

Regards,
    Active

5. lawndude8

from arizona

thanks for the advice....

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I found that there's nothing quite like hooking up a live wire to things vandals like to tear up or steal. Talk about detouring someone. ;) Got the idea from a guy who likes to keep the rodents out of his garden by using chicken wire and then using a live wire with a couple aligator clips on the end. Doesn't only work on rodents...lol. When they get some rubber gloves you're going to have to try something else, but at least you'll get one good laugh from it.

7. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

Hmmm......

Well I suppose, if ya really don't wana lectrocute um, this might work: :D :D Flow-Clik™ Flow Sensors

Seems like the cost to raise a kid just keeps going up.

Good luck,
    Active

8. lawndude8

from arizona

The flow click was to expensive to install. The thing that sucked about the flow click was-
    1-Compared to Vertical stop on a new application it was about $400.00 more per acre.
    2- It shuts the whole line down. So if somthing happens when I am away at my other home in Chicago the lawn will die.
    3- Vertical Stop seemed to be the best after-market product based on installation. No wires had to be ran or sensors to mess with.
    4- Vertical Stop saves the pressure in the line if somthing happens so the rest of my irrigation will still operate.

I ordered the system last week should be installed shortly I will let you know how it goes.

9. lawndude8

from arizona

10. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member