Feelin like a dummy

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I passed out flyers last night and made a few mistakes. First one is that I taped them to the mailboxes. Second on is that I used double sided tape so that the presentation would look a little better. Turns out that double sided tape is a little stickier than I thought. Got a call from a homeowner today. She wasn't too happy that the glue won't come off here mailbox. I'm gonna head out there after work with some nailpolish remover and cotton balls. Gonna test the nailpolish remover on another painted surface first to make sure it doesn't take the paint off. But boy this is a disheartening experience that has made me feel like a dumba@#. Won't do that again. Looks like I learned my first lesson - a little ealier than I was expecting to. Feel free to laugh guys and make some cheap comments. I'm not posting this for my own pleasure. Thought I'de give some of you a good laugh for the night:)
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

lol its happens to everyone man. I remember I felt like a dumbass when I was showing my mom and stepdad my first ZTR. I flew up the side of their house,(about the width of the deck) and booped the brand new air conditioner off the pad. My step dad is one of the most anal people you will ever meet and I swear im never gonna hear the end of it lol. Nothing broke, just a few cooling fins bent. Before you know it you will be looking back laughing at some of the noobie mistakes.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I feel better got that out. Dont feel bad at least you are applying yourself (No pun intended). Keep up the good work.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

how many did you pass out? just hand out a new flyer, saying that you clean mailboxes for $35 ea.
  5. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

A little bump in the road ......... no big deal. Hey, at least you didnt say
    you were going out to buy a " Weed Wedger " !!! Then you'd have a problem. Ha Ha
  6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I won't laugh at you... no sense in making you feel any worse...

THIS! I'll laugh at.... pretty funny... and not a bad idea.... kinda like double dippin' !!!
  7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

good for you for going to try to clean it off too
  8. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

I thought you might be interested in reading this other thread.
  9. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

wow..... woman seems like a real b*tch.... thats sad when you have enough time on your hands to call and complain about a little bit of stickyness being on your "mailbox"...... its really sad how stuck up people are these days :\
  10. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

haha i remember when i was a kid probably 6 or 7 years old.... i put mud all over a neighbors white mail box... just for fun :)