Feelin' Tilted....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RockSet N' Grade, Feb 23, 2008.

1. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Just got a new 36" tilt bucket.

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

2. RockSet N' Grade

few more pics:walking:

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

3. RockSet N' Grade

Come next week, I will post pics of the new progressive link thumb I designed and had built. I was just informed it has arrived. Now I go from 90 degree rotation to 160 plus degree on the rotation with the new thumb....AND 45 degree each way on the tilt. Tilt bucket has bolt on cutting edge and twin cylinders vs. just one like on most tilt buckets....

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Easy there, moneybags! You may need to get yourself into a Cat before you run out of $$$. Hahaha. Bucket looks great, I expect pictures of the thumb and bucket after installation.

5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

What machine will you be putting this on? Looks great!

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap, that is a heavy bugger. Looks very well built!

7. RockSet N' Grade

big ole ugly thing on top is the coupler...old wain-roy pin style. Yea Skag, spent some coinage on this stuff. It was $6k for tilt bucket, $4,400 for new p.link thumb. Bucket weighs 1000 lbs.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Alright so I have a question. Do you plan on not using the thumb while the tilt bucket is attached? Or do you have a second line so you can run them both simultaneously, assuming you have a second switch? At 1,000 pounds, that's a hefty boy, probably not the best choice if you're setting stone for optimal lift capacity, but I'm sure you already know that.

9. RockSet N' Grade

not for setting rock. use a 24" hd bucket for rock setting. did alot of finish work with ex. last year on uneven terrain......this will allow me alot more versatility. making a quick-attach blade for it about 6' wide. it's a ditching bucket or for me a finishing bucket. and no, thumb won't work with bucket.....all I have is a diverter valve on the stick....would have to plumb another line and at this point....I don't think so! That is, unless bank of KSSS gives me a sub-prime loan.... :)

10. RockSet N' Grade

This is all part of a business plan that I worked on starting a year plus ago. Everything I have is paid for now ( after alot of blood, sweat and tears) and I am working on expanding niche market stuff.......plus, getting a thumb that will produce faster/better for me. Next little gizmo on my wish list is a breaker and then either a demo-dozer or grapple bucket for skid.