Feeling "burned-out"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PCLL, May 13, 2004.

1. PCLL

PCLL LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I've been in the business for years, only to be feeling a bit burned out as my second season of ownership approaches. The last thing I want is to become lethargic this time of the year but having such a good winter from pounding the pavement I feel I need a break. :angry:

Anyone else get this feeling and what did you do to get away but keep your business in tact. Is it as easy as going away for a week? Maybe if I'm in another town for a while I can get my eye back. Everything is starting to look the same.
  2. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

Ya I hear ya...I went to florida last month for ten day's and it did make a world of difference just to relax after the snowplowing...I've been doing some of the same lawns for 5 years and I work on my own so it get's very repatitive, but I try to dump the crappy customers and get fresh ones in different areas to break up the day...
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

sing to yourself. works good for me as of now.
  4. PCLL

PCLL LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have Trevor, but I need some new material man, what ya got for me? The best is getting mad about something that hasn't happened yet.
  5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Kid rock was the favorite today. I think i threw in a lil jimmy buffet, and also some metallica... I diversified today. I make up my own stuff too. It may sound goofy, but soon you are singing away, and next thing you know the lawn is done.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Easy. One day do all your trimming on your yards first, then mow. The next week, do all your mowing first, then trim. You'll be surprised how that little step can break up your day.

You get done with mowing and you realize, sweet, the trimming's already done. Or vice-versa.

It's either that, or do like I did and get 6 1/2 days / week, 15 hour days. You don't get time to feel burned out. :)
  7. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I find just by eating better at home and on the job site helps me. I try not to drink anything with caffinine. and, I always drink allot of water. garbage in garbage out.