Feeling the pinch already

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JNyz, Apr 14, 2008.

1. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

I started maintaining this rehab center for eating disorders ten years ago when the old man that was doing it, mower broke down in the rear of the main building. I kind of knew the lady in charge of maintenance when she gave me a call to do a one time cut. It worked out that the old man decided to retire, I got the job and the old man was being way overpaid for the work. I got it for the same price, 600 bucks, it took him all day, my crew only 3 hours. After the first year they built 800k homes within walking distance of the job. I wanted the work because I knew it could turn out to be great Wednesday's for thirty weeks. I went in a little low so I would get the mowing jobs. Well I got the ones I wanted and turned Wednesdays into 1400 days with a three man crew. Great work for ten years. Got the call, they are going to try to do it in house and try to save some of the 18k. Now I have over ten homes under priced. Wow you learn a new lesson every day.

2. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Ya but u got 10 years of good solid work and income. Bump the other homes up a little, or look for other work to replace them. I know thats easer said then done. The rehab center might call ya back after they look at buying a mower and other costs involved, or after a yr or 2 of doing it inhouse.