Feels good to be working again!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

After a long 3 months of very little work due to time of year and weather conditions things are finally picking back up for the Triple B "Busy Bees".

New decals:
    [​IMG]

Had to go to a new barn site in Sumas Prairie for strip soil for a new dairy barn and milking parlor. Site measures 160 feet wide by 360 feet long and 12" of soil must be removed to get to load bearing clay and sand, unfortunately, the only machine available is the Cat D4 Hystat, so I was feeling a little "pushy" these past few days.

[​IMG]

Slot pushing towards the East side:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 hours later:
    [​IMG]

First slot heading North 160 feet long:
    [​IMG]

This was 5:00 PM, quitting time.
    [​IMG]

Next day, soil was a bit harder to push with out leaving "bunny hops" behind me , so I plowed the soil with the edge of the blade to loosen it up, that really increased the cycle times:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lunch time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quitting time:
    [​IMG]

I have another 60 feet on the back end to do and some drive way digging yet, so another full day, making this a 3 day job and 24 hours of Dozerin'.

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good. Not much of an exacavator but I know some. There blding these barns like crazy around us. Most dairies around here are 3500 head to 7000 head. People moving here from all parts of the country. Concrete guys love em!

3. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

How can it be so nice there? here it's a damn snowstorm after snowstorm. It almost puts a guy in depression.

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is 2 days of sun weather and every 3rd. day it is raining. The ground just can't take anymore and is completely saturated. I can't wait to see dry dirt like in your pictures and also more work.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Look at the big hollow in the middle :laugh:

I think we are finally getting spring in the Southern Region of B.C. . We don't need any more snow or cold weather.

6. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

Ran alot of Case 450/550 dozers with the " gas pedal " and rented some D 3 D 4 and just cant figure how to operate them properly LOL.
    throtle....decelerator...step up and down power buttons....lol when do I get used to it! :canadaflag::laugh:

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I find this D4 quite light on the front end, it needs another 1000lbs to keep the blade down when cutting through the hard stuff, but all 90 horses sure make it work harder though.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You find any body parts :laugh:

Another way of doing the job would be excavator and clean up bucket scrape the overburden up into a pile in the center load it into trucks.

9. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Looks good! I wish we had dry dirt like that. I can't even walk across a field like that with out sinking 4 inches!

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin' good. Were you running a mast mounted reciever? I see the mast but can't quite tell if there's a reciever on there or not. What are the proposed finished tolerances?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.