fees to charge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey folks, I am trying to find out what to charge for residential customers and commercial customers. Thanks

2. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

You are prabably going to hear this a few times, your prices will depend on your cost to do business. you may want to start by checking other companies prices in your area, price varies alot by area. Use the search box at the top, there are many other post on this topic for you to read.

3. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

Charge em as much as you can without getting crazy!! But you better make sure your worth every dime!

4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of a post is this?

Get out and see what the market will bear and what works for you.

Search, there are so many stupid pricing threads on this site it makes me want to puke.

If your in FL and have to ask, then go out and charge $15 for residential and dont even bother with commercial..................

Hope this helps...........

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

$15 for residential? Yeah, that's great advice! :rolleyes:

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't touch a small residential yard for less than $25 let alone $15 most of my residential yards range from $30 - $40 and lots around the lake area here range from $50 - $75 a cut. I think you should be asking yourself what your worth and what is the market average for your area and how long will it take to get done. How long does it take you to load and unload your equipment at a job? How long does it take to get there? How much gas do you use for equipment let alone the truck to get there in first place and what about an equipment charge. I charge a $5 per hr equipment charge for all jobs where power equipment is used. Before you go out and lowball jobs just to get business, think about making $15 per residential yard and then having to pay say $100.00 to fix that mower that broke down doing that $15 dollar yard. I think all of you who are new to this business better think long and hard about what you charge for what you do or it wont be long before your expenses exceed your income and you will be one of the many who are out of business.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

res - $3.27

com - $7.78

8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'll beat that by 10%

res - $2.94

Com- $7.01
    Or pre pay by Jan 1st Res - $1.99 and com- $5.99 any size one price.

9. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

Is this per 1 thousand SQ feet. GOD I HOPE SO.

10. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

Go and hand out your business cards in front of Walmart... tell the people you'll give them your first cut free... I got allot of customers that way... Also go on Craig's list allot of good honest customers willing to pay you for your hard work..