felco products

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, Feb 14, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

been buying some handtools the last few weeks. i read some, but anyone have any Felco pruning saws?
    i asked a few people on here abot the hand pruners, and i bought a pair. haven't got them yet, but looking forward to it.
    lookin for a general odds and ends cutter like this. any feedback?

http://www.felcostore.com/saws.jsp

2. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you get make sure it is spring steel of high quality. I used Corona brand saws for a while, but when the blades jammed in tough wood I'd end up breaking or bending the blades. A steel blade with a bluish tint and a strong recoil when bent is better. I picked up a couple folding pruning saws by Bahco last summer, they slice through tough wood like butter and are impossible to permanently bend.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the advice, i didn't think of that. did you buy the saw on line? got a link?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Funny, cause I would say the exact opposite of Cowpoke, as Corona is some of the best pruning saws I've owned.

5. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you would.hammer :rolleyes: Seems you tried that a few times before.:laugh:

It all depends on what model you buy and how you use it. Everyone is going to come in with a different opinion based on personal experience. Thats why there are so many tool manufacturers still around.
    I didn't buy my saws on line. I picked them up at my equipment dealer for 19.99 each comes with a free blade. The blade cuts in 2 directions which is nice for fast cutting of larger limbs.
    Bahco may have a website. I would do a web search and see what comes up.

6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member