felco pruners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jan 5, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

anyone use felco habd pruners? they seem like good quality, but double the price of others i've seen similar. is there a real difference, between them a pair of cheap Home Depots? a good pair runs about 55-60 dollars (with shipping). i'll probably pick them up, 55 is no big deal, just curious what the actual difference is.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

They are the only brand I use.... The cadilac of pruners. If you have employees dont let them use the felcos. For some reason they have always managed to lose my 40 dollar clippers.... I think I replaced about 5 pairs last year alone! :dizzy:
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We use felco's also. They are the best. we give a pair to every employee at the beginning of the year, if they loose them they pay for them.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Those are great , had a pair lasted a long time.
  6. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

The only thing I use as well. They just seem to cut better and stay sharp longer.
  7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

felco's are the absolute best pruners that I have ever owned. I especially like the loppers that have the extending handle to them.
  8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Evan said it all. Have a few extra (different sizes) pairs for teaching homeowners pruning, and everyone has always asked me to order them Felcos.
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto what everyone else said. They're the best.

I have had my pair for years and years. My [late] Dad had them before I did. Still look and work great!
  10. unioncross landscaping

unioncross landscaping LawnSite Member

Have used them for over 20 years. None better!