Feldman TurfVent CoreCaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cblackwe, Apr 13, 2003.

1. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Does anyone have one of these aerators for front-mount mowers?

Advertisement states that it WILL NOT WORK WITH BELLY MOUNT ZTRs, but it is designed for out-fronts and 3-point hitches both.
    Thinking of putting one on front of my TurfRanger, talked to the engineering guy at the factory and he already had the mounting arms on hand for my mower. Just seeking input. Problems, quality of performance, etc. The unit as advertised weighs a little more than JRCOs aerator but it is 52" aerating width instead of 38", quite a bit more area. My Exmark dealer is concerned with the lifting ability of the electric deck lift.... I told him that I wouldn't be lifting the aerator w/ the electric lift, just tilting the aerator up 90 degrees for transport.

2. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Hoping someone out there has one of these aerators.....
    Would like some feedback before buying one....
    Can anyone help???????????:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, but it won't work on your Turf Ranger. The only front mowers it works on, are the big type, like the John Deere 9 series, Toro Groundmasters, and such. I don't even ever see these type of mowers out anymore. This aerator is just way too heavy for anything like a Turf Ranger. I have the tow behind model though, and I'll tell you what...for the machine you get compared to the cost, this unit is well worth it's price. Alot of bang for the buck. They have a lighter model one now too, I see, but that's not even close to the one I have. (the lighter model is a little homeowner type model).