Feller Buncher on 277B

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AMCAT, Dec 4, 2008.

1. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

No, remember all the timber companies are out of work because no one is building houses, and then it goes from there to all the other useless crapola...

That is pretty cool, I would like to see one in action, I figured it would be like that one that Holt CAT sells..

3. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That's kinda cool, don't know about rubber tracks in the woods. If you had a softer ground maybe that would not rut it up on second thought. That firewood processor that went on a skid, the company makes a harvester that you can put on a skid. It cuts the tree, rotates it and cuts it to length. I think it is cool but it may be limited on what you can harvest. Does anyone run something like this?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That was done here in BC some years ago before the whole CTL rage, it worked real good.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a tree damager its a sheer head not a saw head. A sheer head damages too much of the useable wood.

This is a feller buncher

909j-feller-buncher-1-lg.jpg

909j-feller-buncher-2-lg.jpg

7. bobcat_ron

Ahhh, those were the gold ole days, I met a dude that owned one of those feller bunchers that put an excavator boom on it, now that was wild.

8. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

here is a pic of our 909j, and 2 more for ronnie from the past week...one of our oldest deeres and my auntie going over the deck in the 748g3..only skidder woman in bc!

logging 016.jpg

logging 003.jpg

logging 007.jpg

logging 022.jpg

9. bobcat_ron

What the hell is that scary looking white stuff?

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Feller Bunchers can be dangerous machines to operate the house works can snap off of the undercarriage. They also roll backwards down a hillside too :laugh:

You pair a buncher with a dangle head processor which t190 posted a picture off you can process lots of wood in a day. The Waratah dangle heads can fall trees too but most contractors don't use them for that.

The dangle head in t190s pic looks like a 622. The 626 is a monster I looked at one you have a 10,000lb attachment hanging off a stick of a machine :dizzy: