Female Dog PEE - any cures???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MOW ED, Apr 15, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I know it is probabluy in the search feature but I'm too tired and busy to look.
    I have a fert customer that has a female dog. Its a little dog but it is making urine spots in the yard. They keep it in a little area but they want to know if there is a product to put on it to neutralize it. They also would like to know if they should move the dog to a different area on an alternating basis.

I know, get rid of the dog. Not an option. Just looking for a product to put on the spots. She suggested lime but I don't know much about that. Thanks folks.

2. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

My dad swears by tomatoe juice. That is in the dog not on the lawn. His dog has tomatoe juice every day and I have never seen any spots in his lawn. I just trained my dog not to pee in the front lawn instead she goes in here pen only.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Shoot the dog........................................................................

I'm kidding. :rolleyes:

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Of course getting rid of the dog isn't an option. I love my dog more than my lawn. This is an occurance with female spayed dogs. My vet tells me that this situation is caused my the Ph in the dogs urine, and it can be countered but he wasn't sure of the side affects in the dog so I don't worry about it. Frequent watering to delute the area would be my suggestion.

5. IGROTURF

IGROTURF LawnSite Member
    from CHAR NC

Gypsum if you can treat it spot early. It is salt damage. You could paint the spots too. Igroturf

6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

this was covered one time in the home owner forum. i think the cure is like vinegar or something i couldn't find it, but thats would i think i remember.

7. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

don't put vinegar, its like round-up it will kill it for sure.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a pill called "green 'um" that you can give the dog.

9. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell the customer that their is a dry dog food called "Nutro" at any Petco, Pet Quarters store, that neutralizes their urine before they piss it out. It doesn't have alot of by products and stuff in it. We switched over on our dog and it really works.

Mike

10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a customer who dug a 4x4 area off the back door and filled it with gravel and trained the dog to go only therre and then she cleans up and washes down the gravel. She said it was the only way her husband would let her keep the dog!