1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Female owned business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JGroverCU, Jan 3, 2007.

1. JGroverCU

JGroverCU LawnSite Member

I have heard that if a business is in a females name, there will be preferential treament. Is this true? I know that females are minorities in small business, but how much treatment. I am in South Carolina and a friend said the state will allot a certain amount of money to a minority as a small business owner. Have any of you heard of this or is this all small talk?
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on the client. If it is the US or state government, that statement is absolutely true. The business will also get grant money and loan money 100 times easier.

If your client is a feminist, the business will also get business easier.

Do a little test. Go to the SBA as a man and ask for a SB Loan. The take the same paperwork and send in a woman. Just be sure the paper work reflects her.

See what happens.

Go to the GSA web site and see what jobs are out there and who actually has GDA numbers. The businesses are listed as woman owned small business, minority owned small business, or white male owned small business. And they actually look at that pecking order. We white men are being screwed.