1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fence builders

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnVet, Jun 16, 2008.

1. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

So my crew and I finally finished up a repair the other day that just pissed me off on behalf of my wonderful customers.

1. Irrigation install issue - NO valve box- just sodded right over the valves, a second company put in a round water shutoff box in over the wiring but left the valves covered (no grease caps either).

2. Customer had a fence built last fall. Nice looking fence but my opinion of the company dropped as soon as I saw all of their post holes still open and all of the soil left on the rest of the grass in piles.

2a. Turned the system on to find an entire zone was not working - maybe the install company skipped zone 1... not quite. One post went through the line. Couldn't find the sprinkler heads so patched that and turned the system on again to find two of the heads were on the other side of the fence and that the zone labeled "right rear cans" meant 2 on the right, 1 in the back and 1 on the left side.

2b. A second line was completely built over top - the fence company built the fence on the irrigation line - put like 4 posts through the line.

2c. A picket was placed on top of a sprinkler head...directly on top, resting on the sprinkler head!!!! What fricken moron has the nads to be such a blatant a$$hole.

If these customers were jerks I'd understand but they are the nicest customers I've dealt with in a long time. I'd like to slap their bill on these 3 irresponsible "professional companies".

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Happens more than you know..................

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

At any given time, all over the country, there is some d.s. wrecking our stuff.

4. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

but did you enjoy writing the invoice $$$$

5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

especially to nice people and most of the time they will do nothing about it with the installers

6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a typical day.

pg

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

WTF are irrigation lines doing right on a fence line? Give some room for fence work to be done without damaging the irrigation lines.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

In a perfect world....... nobody would go hungry, violence would end, and all sprinkler systems would be installed properly. :)

9. Is anybody else weirded out by LawnVet and Dirty Water using the same avatar? For a second I thought DW was back into irrigation work.

10. SC Irrigator

SC Irrigator LawnSite Member
    from SC

ive ran into that problem a few to many times.....the customers always like the bill though lol.....i did one not to long ago that there where 3 lines in the ditch and at every post in the backyard they hit all the lines.....i think there where around 9 or 10 post total that hit pipe.....