1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fence in the plans for permit?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by xtreem3d, Sep 15, 2013.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

It being Sunday I can't call anyone and can't locate info on MO website. In general, do you include a drawing of a fence on top of your wall if it is high enough to warrant a fence. In other words can the plans and permit be rejected if a fence isn't drawn in ? I don't exactly know what type fence at this point and am not sure I need to include it just to get the wall built. I realize it's possible to get sited if a fence is never installed but do I need it drawn in now?
  2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno. no fence = no final inspection. no final inspection = no more permits issued for that property as long as there is a permit still open.
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

do you draw in the fence on your plans when you know it requires a fence?

the thing is i can draw the fence but then if i change the fence type ( because we dont know what we will be using) i will have to re submitt a set of plans when the inspector see's a different fence
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I've ever drawn in the barrier fence. Most of the time the field inspector just wants to see something that'll stand up to throwing a hip into it. But that's Virginia, your locale may differ. In DC you'd probably have to get a DNA sample from the guy building the barrier fence.
  5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Never caded a fence but have listed the specifications of more than one on a design before.
    Posted via Mobile Device