Fence Install (Texas)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Garcia Y Garcia, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Garcia Y Garcia

Garcia Y Garcia LawnSite Member

Hey guy's,

Need imput on the going rate of fence installation. I am currently charging $22 per foot. I include removal of existing fencing with this price. What do you think am I to low?

2. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

22 $ a foot, 2 or 3 jobs and you could retire.

3. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

First, what are you removing?? Chainlink, Wood? Do you have to remove the old concrete, or can you just hack it off at the bottom? What are you going to do with it once it is off of the property?? Do you have a burn pit or metal recycler, or will you have to take it to the dump?

Second, what are you putting up?? Pressure treated, cedar, vinyl, aluminum, chainlink? Does $22 a foot include gates? Does it include materials? Privacy or gaps? 3, 4, 5 ,6, 8 feet tall?? Any decoration like lattice or custom scalloping on top?

I do a lot of fencing, with a variety of materials, and the price range is from $7.50 fer foot for 4 foot chain, to upwards of $40 per foot for 6 foot vinyl. I've also done 8 foot PT privacy which can be pricey. This price does not include gates, or removal of old fences.

orion

4. Garcia Y Garcia

Garcia Y Garcia LawnSite Member

I am removing 120 feet of 6' fencing with wood posts (removing concrete) and replacing with 6' treated dog ear with 6" slats and metal posts. There will be only one gate and no decorations. I have a place to dump that charges me $40 for a 10' trailer.

Thanks

5. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

I would charge in the neighborhood of $2500 to $2750 for the job that you are describing, although I've never done the metal posts with a wood fence. Hope this helps.