1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fence Installtions - how much $ linear foot?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Pallas, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey - did a search - no results. How much do you guys that do residential fence work (wood) charge per linear foot for labor?
    It ranges around here from $14-26 per foot for labor (includes removal/permits/etc..). We usually bid in somewhere in the middle of the pack. I heard that Lowes and Home Depot are charging $15-20. If lawn maintenance prices drop much lower with all the scrub LCOs, we might really concentrate on marketing this a lot more.
  2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you answered your own thread. I used to build decks and fences many years ago but the lowballers in that business were worse than the lawn biz. There were crews stealing materials from the builders they worked for and quoting labor only prices . Target a different area for better prices. Just because they have a $800,000 dollar home doesn't mean they pay good. It probably means every new guy thinks thats a great place to put a flyer and a cheap price.
  3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the last one I did I charged 120. per section and did ok
  4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I personally dont do much of fences but I have been told by a fence guy in my area! $55 to $65 per section labor only no tear down ect.
  5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I just built one last week for $10 a foot. There is pleanty of money in it and my brother and i had $1600 in materials and made 1300 betweent the 2. We only had about 10 hrs total. Thats not bad money.