fence post problem

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mikesjumpingin, Apr 15, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

A lawn customer took down his fence, but is having trouble removing posts. Isn't there a good way to get them up, like a jack system or something? Rental places around here said they don't have anything.

Mike:blob3:

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

what type of post? They do make post pullers but only works on certain types. We have used tractor hydraulics, bobcat, etc. If they are wood post it may be possible to dig down below ground and cut them off. Use caution though.

3. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

If they are "T" posts, then High Lift makes a Post Popper. They are great. Here in Colorado, only farm stores carry them. They make it really easy to pull them out. Tim

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Dupont post puller TNT!

:blob2:

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I use a tractor but when I can,t reach them with the tractor I sometimes use a hi-lift jack and chain. Mostly though it is faster to just shove them back and forth a few times and just pull them out with you hands. I have pulled out hundreds of post that way. It helps if you can do this just after a good rain,they pull much easer when the ground is wet. Be careful or you can break them off if there very old.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

4 in 1 bucket. :D

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

If you don't have a tractor or jack have you got an old Tire rim?
    Hook your chain around the post as low as you can and run your chain over the rim the bigger the rim the better. Now attach your truck or even your mower and the rim wil force the chain to pull up. Pop goes the T-post.:D

8. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

chainsaw base as far down as possible. then take you BMFH and pound in a few more inches cover with soil.

9. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Back to this thread...

What about pulling steel chain link posts out of dirt? And how about pulling out concrete footed posts?

And can you concrete a post whole if you used water to soften the groud for the pulling? Weird questions I know but I need answer ASAP (gotta at least seem professional).
    Ryan

10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

bi metal blade on a saw zawl or dig your azzoff around the bost but i mostly cover them