1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LawnExperts, Sep 16, 2006.

1. LawnExperts

LawnExperts LawnSite Member

I'm thinking to offer fence washing and staining.... the washing I'll do by myself (since I already have done in my own place) while the staining I have a friend who is a painter and has experience.

Anyone can give me some advice ? pros and cons ?

2. LawnExperts

LawnExperts LawnSite Member

anybody ?

any idea?
  3. BCF

BCF LawnSite Member

Well I personally hate painting and staining, too monotinous. But I guess that is why there can be good money in it. I've sprayed a few fences, be real careful spraying stain, as it is not easy to get off of vinyl siding.:nono:
  4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Good money to be made with that service, Depending on the look after power washing you may be able to get away with using a clear coat water sealer and is best applied with a simple round up sprayer, If you have to stain I recommend not using an electric sprayer as the over spray will go a good distance and cover everything in its path. Best is doing it the old school way with a 4 " horse bristle brush.