Fencing Forums

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Tim C., Mar 8, 2006.

1. Tim C.

Tim C. LawnSite Member

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this but, I am starting to do more fencing and I was trying to find out if anyone knows of any fencing forums out there? Any help would be appreciated.:)

2. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been looking too. If you find any be sure and post here. I'll do the same.

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys need to know about fencing that you couldn't get out of a book? I would think it would be fairly basic? But then again....so is mowing?!

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Did you ask Sean?

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

6. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

[What do you guys need to know about fencing that you couldn't get out of a book]

do you have a point or are you just bored?

you got wood fence steel fence plastic fence pipe fence wire fence electric fence barbed fence no barb fence board on board fence shadow box fence picket fence pine fence cedar fence powder coat fence painted fence prefab fence fab fence nailed fence screwed fence cyclone fence.....thats all the fence I got.

Thanks for the link it looks like another good resource. no fence though.

7. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

We put a fence in a few years ago for a guy. He had a long row of old Lilacs he wanted out and a plastic fence put in their place. Wow, was it harder than I thought. First one I ever did just a straight long shot with a few steps in the fence. Hats off to you guys that install it.:usflag:

8. LANDSCAPER30

from IN

before with Lilacs:usflag:

scan0016.jpg

9. LANDSCAPER30

from IN

Fence installed ...didn't do the landscaping just fence:usflag:

scan0017.jpg

10. BCF

BCF LawnSite Member

Lanscaper, looks like you did a good job. Those PVC fences are usually the most diffucult, not to mention you probably had all sorts of surface roots to deal with.

The basics are easy, but the details and speed come with practice. Such as I could slap a fence up better and faster than most, but I couldn't stripe a lawn or use a rider to save my life.

I don't know of any fence forums, though. Makplow from plowsite (I think he's here too)was working on one, but it's not up yet.