Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl for Burmuda Grass control

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rebaths, Apr 30, 2008.

1. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

2. Steve Swail

Steve Swail LawnSite Member

Hmmm....I'll be curious as well to know what others who are much more knowledgable than myself have to say about this product as well. I've got a couple of areas (growing in from a neighbor's yard) of bermuda that I want to get rid of as well. The advice I've gotten from someone in the seed business is to mix Roundup with Fusilade 11 & spray at 2 weeks intervals for 3 times. The mixing proportions will be on the bottle or container the product comes in & obviously, you need to spray when the bermuda is "actively growing" so the poison gets down to the roots. Good luck & please, keep us posted wth results if you end up using this product. Thanks.

3. Steve Swail

Oops, forgot you were using something for a hose end sprayer. I have nothing to offer as far as mixing proportions in to a pump sprayer :). Good luck.

4. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

it is a bit expensive compared to other consumer weed killers... but it's convenient so I think I will try it. might even take pictures to document!

5. Steve Swail

Sounds great....Please keep me, I mean us, posted :).

6. ATLawn

ATLawn LawnSite Member

I found out about Bayer's fenoxaprop Bermudagrass Control through Walter Reeves' column in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Following his advice, last August I sprayed monthly, three times, and it licked my bermuda problem! I overseeded in Sept. and over the winter, I had almost no yellow bermuda spots. The fescue looks great now. I'm going to spray again this weekend, to keep it at bay (he said control could take a year). It was a great alternative to using Roundup prior to overseeding. It's rather expensive, since it takes me 1.5 $18 bottles (5000 sq. ft each), but completely worth it!

7. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

check out Poast aka Grass Getter. it is a selective control herbicide for grasses. it will take bermuda out of centipede and can be sprayed over the top of shrubs, annuals and perrenials. read the label for your situation.