Ferrandino & Son Contractors

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JFGLN, Mar 3, 2013.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Ferrandino & Son Contractors. Have you worked for this company? They called today to see if I do commercial work.

2. JFGLN

My inclination is NOT to call them back, 800# on a Sunday..... but commercial work is always intriguing.

3. jf69

jf69 LawnSite Member

They a big contractor here on long island, if its the same company

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I think they are based on long island but they do work nationally
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Our Company was going to enter into a service agreement with them for 3 local banks. After I reviewed their terms I would not even consider working with this group. There are too many "issues" that can become huge headaches for you. Ask to review the service agreement and you will see what I'm talking about.

6. JFGLN

Called them back and left a message on Monday. Haven't heard back from them all week.

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

They have quite a few "clauses" that allow them not to pay you even after property has been correctly serviced. They also asked for 2 million in general liability rather than just a mil and the list of headaches goes on and on.

8. scotlykins

scotlykins LawnSite Member

We have worked with them before. For one season. Just another management company. I have worked with a quite a few.

9. Rogers'LawnService

Rogers'LawnService LawnSite Member

I have an invoice that is 96 days out. On the hook for almost $10 grand and still haven't gotten paid a cent. Every time I call them about getting paid, there is some excuse about Insurance or missing documents. I have emailed the same paperwork 3 or 4 times and still no money. Yet when they want work done, the paperwork I sent in was fine for that, just not good enough so they have to pay you.

13Razorbackfan likes this.