Ferris 0% for 36mo, till Feb 28th 07!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I saw in my one magazone, lots of brands doing this for 2-3 weeks, like husler, ferris etc. I checked their site last night to see 0% only for another 2 weeks. It had to have just been announced this month so its a short thing.

0% for 36mo on their "Yard Card" retail financing program until 2-28-07 on all walkbehind or Zero turn mowers.

I bought a 61" 27hp Kohler 1000z over a year ago now and its nearly paid off.

Im thinking of a smaller ztr to use on 80% of my smaller lawns instead of the 34" walkbehind that only does 4.5mph.

Ferris has a IS 500z model thats a "consumer" grade Briggs 24hp motor, not the vangaurd, but has a 44" commercial deck, 8mph speeds , roll over bar but not folding, 6 gallon fuel tank.

My local dealer quoted it at $4,999, it comes with 4 wheel suspension like all other models. I thought it was a bit high for their "baby" entry level model without the "commercial" motor but oh well.

For instance a IS 1500z 48" deck/19hp kawasaki motor was $5,899

Its only about $200 to go from a 44" to 48" deck so the main part of the price is the machine is a little heavier like 90lbs and the motor cost.

How bad could a Briggs extended life series motor be? I dont think it has the commercial air filter either but my 27hp Kohler from last year was still not even dusty at the end of the season.

here is the lineup http://www.briggsandstratton.com/display/router.asp?DocID=100590

says its still the 2nd best from a vangaurd? I never realized the Inteks were "junk" lol.

www.ferrisindustries.com

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I would only have a kawasaki or kohler motor. I've heard good things about the briggs big blocks but I still believe the smaller one's are simply for homeowners who might put 25 hrs a year on it. If your gonna use it commercial buy a commercial mower.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

I used to put about 100hrs on a 16hp non vangaurd Briggs from 1988. My father bought a new 16hp v-twin simplicity 48" deck tractor and cut almost 5 acres a week, swept grass, pulled rakes and wagons with it...

The thing had almost 1200hrs on it before some problems with a solenoid for starting in 2003... It was replaced and now it doesnt start again :/ not a major issue, runs a little rough when starting up but still runs fine and with power. Oil was changed each summers end.

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

1200 hrs over 15 years is one thing, but if it's gonna be used on 80% of your yards or whatever in one season you could put between 600-1000 hours on it in ONE season. Thats alot of use for a homeowner model. Read some other threads about these guys who buy the homeowner units and before 50 hours there replacing pumps, spindles, etc. Besides its only $900 more for the commercial unit.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

True... its not a homeowners machine, just a non-vangaurd motor. Seems most guys think highly of it though.

fyi, i only put 96 "deck hours" on my 27hp kohler command pro Ferris last year.... On an average 7-8hr day, it only adds ~2hrs on the machine with blades spinning for me :) When i get to the point that i have several ZTRs, of course id only use the big boys for bulk work.:)

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Check this company, thay have good pricing.....www.collinsvillepower1.com

7. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Looks like the 36 months at 0% is only good on the Big blocks on the 3100.
    Guess I will go ahead and check out the 72" 32 hp may have to get it a few weeks early..
    Pete