ferris 1500is or cub cadet comercial?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by arcticzl, Sep 19, 2007.

1. arcticzl

arcticzl LawnSite Member

i am narrowing down the purchase of a new ZT to ferris 1500is or cub cadet commercial mower.just looking for your opinion.I can get a used 06 48 inch cub commercial with 90 hrs for $4000 or a new ferris 1500is for $5700

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I would choose the ferris. Don't forget the ferris will have a warranty and the cub only has a short time left if any. Use the search feature at the top of the page on both mowers and you can read for awhile about what folks think who own them.

3. Nago In NJ

Nago In NJ LawnSite Member

I wish I can get a Ferris @ that price in NJ, dealers are over charging and then put is on sale @ the msrp price and tell me that's the sale... so sad..

4. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

i run ferris is a well made mower & cub is MTD it is home owner stuff at best

5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Before you start talking, look at Cub Cadet Commercial stuff.

Yes, it'd made by MTD, But it has different standards. Not the same stuff that is at home depot.

6. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you considered the scag tiger cub or the wild cat with the 48" deck I have been running scag for years now and I have never had any troubles with them. I have demo'd other mowers but none seem to give the cut that the scag gives.

7. arcticzl

arcticzl LawnSite Member

no, i purchased a new ferris, love it