Ferris 1500z Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jstew33, Apr 11, 2006.

1. jstew33

jstew33 LawnSite Member

I am curious what is a good price on one of these units. Particularly the 21/48, but would also like to know what the 52's are going for. What does everyone think about these machines, especially the quality of cut?

Thanks for the help.

Jerrod

2. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Hey jstew33, I just ran across your post and I too am looking at a 1500z. There are two business in Spfld that sell Ferris. Ive been back and forth many times between the two. I will be paying cash and that will cut several hundred dollars off the price. The price is the same at both places of $5900 but one gave me a extra $100 more off the price for cash than the other one did. If you plan on financing then they probably will be the same price. Then all you have to do is pick the dealer you will think will give you better customer service after the sale. For me, the dealer that gave me the extra hundred off will probably be better to me as well after the sale, IMO.
    If you want to save a little more, a simplicity citation may work as well. They are virtually the same mower as the 1500. They two dealers that sell simplicity have 05 models left which you should be able to get for lower $5's. Hoped that helped you.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Around here a 48" 1500 is around $5700. Not sure what the 52 is going for. I guess around $6000 or a little more. I think you'll be happy with one. They have a better ride and they cut really good.

4. PYMLscape

PYMLscape LawnSite Member

Just got a IS1500Z 44/19kaw for $5699.It cuts great, the ride is smooth.

5. scaper27

scaper27 LawnSite Member

they are $5900 here and they are nice machines

I got the IS 1000 and love it for two years so far

6. south_haven_patrick

south_haven_patrick LawnSite Member

I just got some prices today in the Mpls, Mn area.
    Ferris 1500 21/48 $5999 Simplicity Citation 21/48 $5699
    25/52 $6999 23/52 $6399

What do others think of the Ferris? Is the suspension worthwhile, or is it just a gimmick? How is the handling/steering in comparision with a Hustler Mini Z? I am looking for a mower for my yard only: about 2 acres, somewhat hilly.

I want to buy a mower that will last 20 years or more, any recomendations?

Thanks Pat

7. msburesh

msburesh LawnSite Member

How do these mowers stripe????

8. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

Ferris or not? I was at the Green Expo in Minneapolis and looked at the Ferris 1500 25/52 the factory rep said about $6500.00 but that isn't a dealer talking. I would like to know if the suspension is worth it, quality of cut, any pros or cons to the machine.