Ferris 1500z

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Drew Gemma, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52inch 25 hp 1500z the far right spindle is leaving clumps only on that spindle path. wether I am bagging or just discharging it is not working properly all spindles are on same belt and tension is correct tire pressure pitch new blades spindle is working propery also! Any ideas thanks guys

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of pitch do you have front to rear ?

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

is that blade upside down?

4. Drew Gemma

pitch is correct at all points blade is fine

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Pitch is correct did not answer my question....So what is it ?

6. Drew Gemma

front is 3/8 down which is where the dealer put it since they are trying to help me figure this out.

7. khouse

is this a new mower? if not-did it start all of the sudden? was there any repairs on the mower prior to the clumping? what is the high idle set at? i'm all out of questions....................

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

What blades are you running? If they arent high lifts try using a set of high lifts.

If that doesnt help then run doubles on the right side spindle, make sure you either remove a spacer or add spacers to the other blades to make the cut level.

It is strange that all of a sudden the mower would start leaving clumps on the side closest to the discharge, my guess would be more airflow is needed.

Also, grab the blade on the right side and move it back and forth, see if there is any play in it.

9. khouse

is one of your baffles bent?