ferris 3000 help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cfrymow, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

I bought a ferris 3000 25hp 61in. It has no power behind it. I cant add baggers or nothing to it. I'll set it at 3in and it wont mow to 3in.It takes to passes to get 3in, or any hight. So the first time I mow its very uneven untill I mow it twice. All the dealer can tell me is its under powered same with ferris all they can do is give me a good trad in. Any way I can add A couple Hp to it

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Welcome to LawnSite! There is plenty of people with 25hp motors on their 60" decks. Are you mowing lawns that are overgrown or I dont really think there is any mods you can do to the engine without voiding your warranty. I am not sure about that though.

3. Raven386

from CT

Do a search I know there was recently a thread about getting more hp out of the engine. IMO it wouldn't be worth it to put the extra stress and wear on the engine by doing the mods. How much is your dealer looking to give you for a trade?

4. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

No not mowing over grown lawns. It dont matter if I cut half inch or 2 inches it just wont cut unless I do it twice. The dealer is willing to give me $4000 for a trade I Payed $11,000 for the mower

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

mowing to fast? blades on backwards? BTS off?

6. Raven386

from CT

you paid 11K for a 25hp 61"? did you get any accessories with that? i hope. are you using a collection system with the mower while mowing? I have seen people with 25hp mowers with 0 problems. just do a search. i have no experience with ferris mowers so i cannot offer more insight into the problem. maybe search if others are having this problem...

7. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Got a bagger with it but cant put it on because the problum gets worse. I have a hustler 25hp 60" and never had a problem. Not mowing fast and blade are always sharp and on right

8. Raven386

from CT

It almost sounds like there is a problem with the machine.

9. Raven386

from CT

sorry got distracted there.... is there another dealer in your area? maybe have it looked at by a mechanic so see if its a problem that is specific to your machine. I see guys on here with 25hp machines with 0 problems so... its worth a shot to ask a mechanic or another dealer.

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with raven, their is a issue, I see alot of large deck 25's around with no cut probs.