Ferris 3000ZX Extreme Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marrt, Apr 20, 2004.

1. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Got a quote of $8600 on a Ferris 3000ZX Extreme. Is this a good price? Seems a bit high to me but I'm not that familiar with Ferris pricing. I do really like the mower though.

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Give some other ferris dealers a call. MSRP is$9999. Sounds like a fair price to me.

3. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Dealer said the "New" MSRP on the extreme was over $10K. Don't know myself and can't find the info on the web.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my buddy bought a ferriz 3000 for right around $8500. sounds like its in-line with yours

5. GaryR

GaryR LawnSite Member

Be thankfull ferris 3000zx with fast vac system sells for about $22000 in Australia & mowing rates are similar in our dollar to yours.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

What deck / engine is on the 3000??? That would make some difference too.

7. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Should be like your 4000 --27/61

8. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Here are some specs on the 3000 Extreme:

- 27-hp Kohler
    - 4-wheel IS® Independent Suspension
    - 61" 10-guage deck with double top deck, double reinforced side skirts with lap-welded corners and baffle supports
    - Twin A-section hydro drive belts
    - Adjustable steering levers
    - Foot-operated height-of-cut adjustment
    - Two adjustable, multi-positioned, 360° anti-scalp rollers
    - Two-year commercial warranty on parts and labor

This mower would be for my personal use on 3.2 acres. The ground is very rough. I know most here like Exmark (I do to), but lets face it...I'm fat and want a smooth ride. I mow part of this with a tractor now and have to go slow because the ground is rough. Don't get me wrong, its not so rouch that a Z would have trouble. It's just too rough to go fast.

9. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I would say that mower might be an overkill for that size of property.

But if you want to get done with the yard really fast it should make a great machine for you. I would say a 15 percent discount is very good this time of the year.