Ferris 3100 / 37 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 13, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

This would be ideal for me. A smooth rocker and a tach. I could choose any rpm I desired within its range.

2. GMLC

Im not sure on the ferris. Whether it has detents or is a smooth rocker switch the technology is the same. Just a signal to an electric motor that moves the throttle plate which replaces the throttle cable.

What I would hate is a switch that just does full throttle and idle.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yea, the future stuff coming out is really impressive sounding, especially when compared to what's available right now from anyone, including Exmark themselves.

Personally, I like a throttle lever on my mower so that I can set it where ever I want it. Simple things for simple minds.:laugh:

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This switch as I would have thought, but wanted Dave to verify is nothing but a rocker switch that lets you move into any rpm range you wish, and it stays exactly at the point it is stopped. You could not ask for anything better, and it really looks nice, removes the old standup throttle lever. gives it that sports car look. When you think about it, I am at idle, then WOT after engaging the blades, never really needed anything in between.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Wouldn't a smooth moving rocker switch that stayed in place be basically the same as having an efi with a throttle lever right now?

6. GMLC

That is perfect! Im guessing this is Kawi technology and I hope other mower company's offer this set up.

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No, maybe you don't for your situation puppy, but, you don't mow for a living. Many of us that do actually have need for the full range of throttle. If that rocker provides that, that's a good thing IMO, but I still prefer to have a lever that is easy to grab blindly when needed, rather than feeling for the smaller rocker.

8. GMLC

Yup. LOL. I guess its the cool factor of fly by wire.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Take a look at my post right above yours. That is why I like the lever vs the rocker. I would think that you would too, no?

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I think the main purpose is to give it that special standout look of new advanced technology, does nothing different than the old throttle lever, just looks more sporty and low profile.