Ferris 3100 / 37 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 13, 2013.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I've operated the 2000 and 3100, it is the difference of a box store homeowner model, and a highly sophisticated commercial grade mower, absolutely no comparison, none. Keep your eye on the deck very closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og2YHcM2jtE

2. Growin Green

Growin Green LawnSite Member

I would be fine with just an old school leaver. If I had a rocker switch. I would want a tach. How quick is the RPM change with the switch?

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would assume pretty instant.

4. GMLC

The 2000 deck moves the same way with its 4 wheel independent suspn. Combine the deck movement with suspn. dip and chain deck hangers on a rough hill. The mass of the deck can be felt IMO. I also just found out in another thread the sloppy feel I got was also from the steering on the 2000 which I guess is a common complaint.

Like I said I cant comment on the 3100.

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

It is smooth, stop it where you want it, fast or slow

6. dave k

All true Reid, but I did demo the Gravely, Ferris 2500, Husky PZ 60.
    The dealer has 6 mechanics and won't let a commercial mower stay longer then 3 days. I do have a Exmark 36 walk behind and my Walker as a backup if needed.

7. dave k

I can't comment since I haven't used the Cheetah, but without suspension I don't see how it could be?

8. GMLC

On the cheetah the whole operator platform is suspended by an adjustable coil over shock. Its also a nice system.

9. dave k

Is it similar to the PZ series?
    The PZ rode ok, but wore me out at the end of the day

10. GMLC

Im not familar with how the PZ is. The cheetah's platform reminds me of the suspn setup on the rear of a dirt bike. Similar linkages and coil over shock.