Ferris 3100 / 37 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 13, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

2. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

As you know I was very sceptical of this. But from my experience so far, Ive had absolutely no negative results from the deck/susp movement. In fact I am getting an improved more even cut over rough terrain particularly deep ruts, where a non-susp ZTR deck will move with the frame creating a high spot and low cut, the Ferris cuts very level due to suspension, a part where I thought would be worse is actually an improvement. So Im very pleased with this to say the least!

I think youd be impressed, I know you have demoed but Id be surprised if you demoed again and could find any faults on this subject :)

3. greenology

Do you guys all cut grass at WOT all the time?

Only using half throttle for warming up and engage/disengage blades?

I occasionally cut grass at 4/5ths throttle, when the engine is still warming up in morning for a couple minutes. Aside from that Im always cutting at WOT due to the correct cooling of engine/hydros.

4. greenology

Ah yes that happens occasionally, so I speak without thinking, what else is knew :hammerhead:

5. GMLC

I really do need to demo the 3100. Its a bigger, heavier machine than the 2000 I demoed.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I can promise, the 2000 is nowhere close, and I mean close to being in the same category of the 3100. The 2000 I operated felt like a toy in comparison, nothing about anything concerning the cut or operation was even close in relationship. You could not pay me to take a 2000, but I would buy a 3100.

7. GMLC

The 3100 looks much more stout. I really liked the icd deck on the 2000 which is also on the 3100.

8. puppypaws

You can believe me when I tell you the difference in a 2000 and 3100 is like the difference in a homeowner box store mower versus a well built commercial grade mower.

9. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 2013 Bobcat Predator pro with the Kaw DFI and I love the engine. It has an amber light and a regular throttle lever. Good enough suspension but I expect the 3100 rides better. I love the way my BC cuts and the deck with G6 blades turns the clippings to bits. I see similarities with the 3100.

[​IMG]

10. puppypaws

This is an excellent machine, extremely powerful, yet fuel efficient, and the Bobcat gives a very good cut. My dealer has sold 350 or possibly more Bobcats this year, I see them on LCO trailers very often, say two new ones this morning.