Ferris 3100 / 37 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 13, 2013.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The Cheetah suspension can't come anywhere close to rivaling the suspension of your 3100, not even close.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you tried the cheetah?

4. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

5. weaver

Man that's a good looking mower... I really like them and the 36 in z controlled walk behinds they have...

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

hmm, the only similarity I can see are the 4 wheels and a cutting deck? :nono:

7. greenology

Not a toss up if you are cutting rough properties day in day out, the difference is quite dramatic. Which is not just something you would experience if you demoed the both on the same rough terrain, jumping from one machine to the next. It proves itself in theory as well, just look at the 4 shocks on each wheel.

Try imagine driving your truck or car over a series of ruts. Then imagine taking out the shocks and fixing the wheels to the car like a non-susp ZTR. Maybe give your car or truck a susp seat for shits and giggles.

If you can imagine the difference between those scenarios, then that's almost the same as the difference between a non susp ZTR and a Ferris. ;)

8. weaver

I was referring a toss up to the 3100 & the Cheetah... I understand that the 4 corner suspension is awesome but that seat platform on the Scag is no slouch..

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I've never run the Cheetah, but common sense will tell you there is no mower suspension that can compare with 4-wheel independent suspension, it just can't happen.

You could put the Cheetah cutting the row-crop fields that are now grassed lawns "greenology" has showed video of mowing, and you would have a hard time staying in the seat of the Cheetah, especially at the speed he was cutting with the Ferris.

10. greenology

Yea that's what I thought you were referring too...

I can say from experience that its not a toss up, theres a dramatic difference :)