Ferris 3100 61" 36 BB review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have to ask is it cold there you need a coat

2. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

When I get a chance & can get someone to come with me, Ill take the X1 back out to this place and try film in the same spot to give a comparison. Would be interested to see this, just a pita to do.

Have you ruled out buying a puffer air seat for your beast?

3. greenology

If they add any more beef to it then Ill have dogs chasing me around all day!

4. greenology

more than welcome :drinkup:

5. greenology

I havnt as yet, I believe they are on softest all round from the factory, I could see the front certainly were on softest. But the rear is a little harder to see, I will have a look however if the mechanic was correct then they should be on softest also. Would you suggest trying them a little firmer?

Yea no problem, Ill take some video next opportunity I get, a couple weeks maybe. Im expecting it to hold onto a hill very well...

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Cool vid mate! That suspension is certainly working!

7. greenology

My thoughts are it was a mix of poorly prepared surface & ground has settled with a little erosion over time (even with the turf). Ive been cutting this for nearly 5 yrs now & has been this way for that time, however the owner has had it top dressed in the past & has also mentioned the idea of doing it again (so he can have it cut lower) can cut any lower than I do without cutting into dirt on the top of ruts. So that will be a welcome relief if he ever does.

It may well have been a paddock for growing vege's, so being cultivated for a very long time would mean it needed a lot of prep work to prevent it from settling, the ruts are all inline across the length of prop so I cant help wonder if its related to old veg growing mounds. Alternately top dressing for a few yrs, but being costly & not the home owners priority I can understand why this doesn't get done.

The first pic was taken of the pool a few yrs ago but just so happens to show some of the ruts by looking at the low cut spots, which is of coarse the top of each rut. Then the second pic, not taken for this purpose but it shows some more of the ruts. The biggest problem with these is they are covering 80% of the place.

Ruts.JPG

Ruts 2.JPG

Ruts.JPG

Ruts 2.JPG

8. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

9. greenology

Middle of winter over here, quite cool!

10. greenology