Ferris 3100 61" 36 BB review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I was wondering about that. What are the temps over there in the winter

2. skew

skew LawnSite Member

Leave the air pressure at 15 psi rear and 25 for front. Any less the tire will flex and this will cause the deck to lower and possibly scalp on bumps. Leaving at correct pressure makes the suspension work as designed and the deck will follow the contours of the ground.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I would say your deduction is probably accurate, when the mower is crossing where rows were possibly once cultivated makes good sense as to how this came about.

This is a very good tip, and one that makes sense when thought about, Green let us know what you find when fooling with the air pressure.

4. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

5. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

6. greenology

I was looking for some photos of the MX bike I used to own & found this video, to show the suspension bottoming out... Thought you might like it.

http://youtu.be/69eqMexq3UA

7. CurbAppealKS

8. Growin Green

Growin Green LawnSite Member

9. CurbAppealKS

The older 3100 I ran had guards over the top of them. They didnt collect much debris. I'm surprised they went away from the guards based on the plastic fins on the fans.

10. greenology

Our average min over winter period is around 7 celcius or 44.5 F for u guys. So quite mild, although out in the open with wind chill factor, a jacket is a necessity for me :eek:.