Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. edbeek

edbeek LawnSite Member

Thanks Ridin Green. Yes both Mick & greenology have been very helpful to me via an AU forum. Mick is probably sick of me pumping him for info over the last few years :)

2. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Hey edbeek, good to see you on here! This is cylo. Your still giving some thought to the 3100 which is good. I'm still waiting on the dealer to get demo in before I can give my input/decide what to buy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi ya Ed! Happy to help mate!

4. edbeek

edbeek LawnSite Member

Hi Mick & Greenology. Yes i still like the Ferris but leaning towards the Gravely 460 at this stage. Mostly because I can get the demo machine with about 30 hrs for a much better price. Still haven't demoed it yet though. Still plenty of time to make my decision.

5. skew

skew LawnSite Member

I'm 6'2 and have the suspension seat upgrade which also raises the seat about 3-4" fits me better than anything I have been on. Maybe the lap bars were not adjusted right you shouldn't have had any problems.

6. edbeek

edbeek LawnSite Member

Thanks skew. The lap bars were in their highest position, but there was still some fore/aft adjustment still available, so that would probably be enough. Could even be some height adjustment at the bottom of the sticks that I missed.
    I spent more time crawling around the floor trying to get my head around how the suspension works. Still haven't got the rear end worked out exactly but confident that it works. Some heavy duty engineering back there.

7. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

The ferris uses an a-arm suspension like an automobile. Take a look at the front end of most new pickups, it's the same thing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. skew

skew LawnSite Member

Its been 2 weeks of solid rain I finally got to mow errr looks like I cut hay.

You Dirty Little Girl!!!!!

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Let daddy spray you down with soap

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

Thats better now you can stay in the garage.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

I guess I have too much time on my hands now after riding a Ferris it saves me over 6hrs of mowing each time i mow.

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

9. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

CMKILL posted what I could already see with my 2 own eyes when I looked at a 3100, Fragile and spindly.

10. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Demoed the 3100z today! Very impressed, I'll post some cut pics later but just wanted to mention I did get the same problem with the foot assisted deck lift, however I think the simplest fix for me would be to unbolt the foot pad and turn it 180 degree so its further away which will mean your knee won't be bent so high up.
    Posted via Mobile Device