Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

Hello Green,

It pleases me greatly to hear of your recent Ferris demo. I still wish I had the opportunity to demo a Ferris, but it was not meant to be.

I experienced my second total yard cut on the Cheetah with the optional suspension seat. Suspension performance is "way over the top". Loving that Cheetah.

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

2. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Skew, what did you clean that Ferris with? Looks like it cleans real well.

3. skew

skew LawnSite Member

farmmower, I use a MTM Hydro lance they are around $60 on Amazon it hooks to a pressure washer and uses regular liquid car wash. It works great you dont have to scrub anything.

here is a video on how it works
    http://youtu.be/tcCR7US3NQE

4. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, yea I was very impressed with the ride of the Ferris! in my case I really need as much shock absorption as I can get, I have so many rough places to cut.

Glad to hear how well the cheetah is serving you! you've done well

5. greenology

Sorry for the shaky filming, wife is to blame! I was cutting dewy grass & cutting a tad lower than should've been in order to work the deck harder, hense the slight scalping left behind. But as you can see the grass is fanned out and absolutely no build up on rear edge of deck! No clumps at all from that cutting I did, will be nice to see how it performs in summer but I believe it will be excellent.

http://youtu.be/9U6D-BlN1Dk

http://youtu.be/3w7MOe7Q8NA

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Soooo..............you're wife won't be heading off to Hollywood to make movies anytime soon then? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That looks like it was doing an excellent job IMO. I hope mick sees this.

7. skew

skew LawnSite Member

Looks like its a industrial grass processing machine not a lawnmower LOL

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good!!! I didnt see the deck movement like I got but that property looked relatively smooth. Did you get a chance to mow any side hills?

9. greenology

Well if they required some shaky footage, she would win the contract!! :laugh:

Yea was very pleased with the cut, it appears very much the same as the Velocity deck I used for 10mins. The cut as well as the clipping dispersal, you can see the grass being dispersed on a very wide angle, it actually hits the back of the chute as well as TB and is then deflected up & out on rearward angle as well which gives an even better coverage. :clapping:

10. greenology

Yep cut some slopes, couldn't get any terracing like I have previously seen from the 2500. The deck worked perfectly well from what I could see when cutting undulations & say you turned quickly, no squatting etc. Ill have a better look if I do end up owning one, but I couldn't tell whether the pitch was effected by the susp.

I have some more vid of me running over some ruts, its best watched in very slow motion. Need to find a video editing program so I can slow the film down and record it that way.

I have a few pics taken of some undulating ground. Being the middle of winter over here the grass is looking quite sad, also getting scalped due to cutting quite low so I could really give the deck a workout, but there was no scalping that shouldn't be there, ie nothing uneven.