Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I stayed home and caught up with my tax cr@p too only to find, Im now way to poor to buy ANYTHING at the moment!

From the mouth of Cartman off Southpark... "Screw you guys, Im going home!":walking:

Na, congrats to both of you! Im jealous as HELL!!!!!!

Hey Ed, did you buy from the same guy?

Green, really want to see some good (cough) smooth vid! At least now your VX4 problems are behind you, IF you can sell it that is! :rolleyes:

2. edbeek

edbeek LawnSite Member

Yeah. Had to go near Brisbane though. That works ok as they are close to my family so can combine trips if needed.
    He tells me they are very scarce(36hp) at the moment and next shipment will be almost $1k dearer. This one is doing a promo tour and will have 3-5 hrs on it. Couldn't get your price, but not far off.

3. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

ahahah great quote Mick!

Its all good mate, once your ready for a new one you will no doubt find the best machine for you. But here's hoping the VX4 can be resolved ASAP, I wouldn't like to see you go through another season of this ****.

NOW, theres to be no more talk re: clumping VX4's, also everyone go back an wipe your posts on the topic. Or I may never sell it :hammerhead:

I just hope not too many ppl read US forums before buying a new ZTR, ahahaha.

leave it with me, the video will be ready soon :drinkup:

4. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

WOW.... Congratulations. Wishing you great success.

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

5. greenology

Hope I didn't come across as skyting about that price, I was more concerned with helping u negotiate for your bank balance!

3-5hrs is good as gold, I wonder if the machine will be the one I demo'd? who knows.

6. edbeek

edbeek LawnSite Member

Mick, my figures didn't look too good either but meh... you pay accountants to worry about that stuff.
    No worries greenology. Glad you got such a good deal otherwise I wouldn't have known that such a discount was possible. I just hope your dealer is able to walk properly again soon.;)

7. greenology

Goodo, this was my intention.

Don't worry, he told me his cost price & he still gets plenty of cream from the deal without me giving any more. Hmm did I just say that :eek:

8. Mickhippy

Dont think my accountant will pay my bills!
    Im only kidding really. Im actually not doing as bad as I thought!

The SZ really suits my needs and wants, except for that bloody deck! (note, didnt write VX4) :laugh:

Anyway, Im really stoked for both of you and hope they work out well for ya's!
    Just keep the area around the hydro really clean and clear of clippings etc. I reckon thats why the one I saw had problems, it was fitly and thick with stuff!

9. Mickhippy

Oh man, you were desperate!

10. greenology

The entire dealings were done over the phone, didnt once see the man in question, even when picking up he wasn't there. If that doesn't give you an idea of length, nothing will!